Russell has run, built and exited successful international companies in the technology, engineering, energy, electronics, entertainment and professional services sectors. He has experience off starting, building, growing and exiting businesses in the UK and US. Current technology interests in Augmented/Virtual Reality, Insight & Analytics, Fintech, Blockchain, Drones, IoT, Robotics and 3D Printing.
- Built Exolta Capital partners into the UKs fast growing advisory business.
- Launched Europe’s first Cloud based HR Technology Company in 2001.
- Delivered inspirational talks to business leaders at over 100 events in San Francisco. Los Angeles, New York, London, Zagreb, Abu Dhabi, Hong Kong, Shenzhen.
- Funded and produced his own independent feature film “Making Ugly”.
His core areas of focus are Leadership, Value Creation, Strategic Thinking and Business Growth. He is today much in demand as a speaker and is recognised for his unique inspirational talks.
Today he is Founder Managing Partner of the advisory business Exolta Capital Partners, www.exolta.com.
- Named this year as one of the 100 most influential British Entrepreneurs. Awarded membership of the Maserati List of business leaders who support the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- Board member Institute of Directors Scotland, ScotlandIS and active member Chamber of Commerce, Merchant Company of Edinburgh and Asia Scotland Institute.
- Addressing the gender imbalance in commerce through his support of the Association of Scottish Business Women and Changing The Chemistry.
- Board advisor Talent Tech Labs New York, leading incubator for companies in the Talent/People sector.
- Director/Board Advisor with MBN Solutions, IQX Ltd, Exsel Group and Scot Tech.
- Founder ScottishLondon which brings together senior Scots in London to support Scottish Technology business leaders.
- Board member StartEdinburgh which aims to nurture the city’s thriving and vibrant Tech community and promote Edinburgh internationally.
- Chairman of Scotland’s WeAreTheFuture which supports young entrepreneurs around the world.
- Member Par Equity – Scotland’s largest Angel Investment Syndicate.
Not all work – since turning 50 he has have developed a passion for endurance events and can often be found at weekends mud splattered clambering over obstacles and “trying to keep up”.